- Even heat.
- Fast start-up.
- Clean and safe.
Why Effective Die Preheating Matters
A die that is not evenly heated will crack and wear prematurely, compromising quality and shortening the life of the die. This can be attributed to uneven heat distribution across the surface of the die which leads to hot or cool spots. Electric infrared heaters are able to heat dies with great uniformity preventing these uneven spots from occurring.
Spectrum Die Heaters
Spectrum Die Heaters provide the forging and die casting industries with a potent, cost-efficient solution for die preheating. By utilizing electric infrared technology, our heaters ensure that dies are quickly and evenly heated throughout the production process. This method reduces die preheating times, saves energy and improves production quality. These heaters can also effectively preheat machinery and tooling such as rods and rams.
Features and Benefits:
- Uniform Heat- prevents hot spots.
- Clean- no by product of combustion to contaminate die surfaces, no fumes.
- Bi-Directional- allows for simultaneous heating of multiple dies.
- Rugged Construction- 14 gauge 304 stainless steel structural components are resistant to heat-induced distortion.
- Modular Design- parts are easily replaced with just a screwdriver and wrench.
- Optional Side Handles- Heater can be repositioned with ease.
- Versatile- heaters can be operated independently or grouped together on larger dies.
- 9kw to 57.5kw heat output
- 240V or 480V