- Proven, leading-edge technology.
- Stock is available for immediate shipment in standard sizes.
Flat-Jacket Snow Melters
Our leading edge, high quality flat rail heater is the new standard of railroad track switch heating. Its flat profile gives you greater contact with the rail, and therefore thermal transfer is significantly improved over the round rod technology.
- Flat Profile Design– 570% greater contact to rail surface.
- Heat Output– Available in 300 w/ft and 500 w/ft., other wattages by request.
- Industry Leading Lengths– Up to 34 feet with NO SPLICE.
- Maximum Moisture Resistance– High grade Magnesium oxide.
- Single Ended Termination– Quick and easy installation, double ended by request.
- Stock is available for immediate shipment in standard sizes; 8,16,18,26 and 34ft. in 240v and 8,14.5,16,18,26 and 34 ft in 480v.
- Additional Lengths by request.
- 20 ft leads. Custom lead lengths by request.
- 240 and 480v, by request 600 v.
SnapTite Rail Clip
Easy Installation– No special tools required, snaps onto base of rail with simple hand pressure or hammer. Typically installed on the outside of the rail.
Safety First– Greatly reduces the possibility of a pinch point and flying metal.
Available for 136 lb and 115 lb rail.
Bolt-On Rail Clip
Installation– Typically installed on the inside of the rail when solid braces prevent the installation on the outside of the rail or if the preference is to install the flat-jacket snow melter on the inside. Clip can also be welded on.
Crib heaters are designed to sit between the ties and keep the switch machine control rods or push rods free of ice and snow. Our heater has a low profile making it easy to install and remove, and its water-tight seal ensures proper operation in ice and snow.
- All Aluminum construction.
- Standard Lengths; 4,6 and 8 ft. Custom lengths by request.
- 20 ft leads, custom lengths by request.
- Low 1” profile.
- 240v and 480v, and by request 600 Volts.
- 300 watts per ft, other wattages by request.
- Vented element protection plate.
- Stock is available for immediate shipment in lengths of 4,6, and 8 in 240v and 4,8 in 480v.
Crib Heater Bracket: Part No. SHBC-TIE-BRACKET
New Design: 1” wider than previous version. Standard: 2 Brackets per crib heater. Secures the crib heater in place.
Crib Heater Bracket: Part No. SHBC-CEB
New Design for use with element only. Standard: 2 brackets per element. Optional: 3 brackets per element.